Saturday, January 11, 2014

Needles and Niceties








Today, I got to visit Needles and Niceties in Upland, California. I've never actually been to a needlework specialty shop, so I was extremely excited to go to one for the first time, especially because I had found one so close to my house.

When I got in there, one of the owners, Robert, asked me if he could help me with anything. I asked him if he could help me get some of the materials for my Tall Flowers Just Nan pattern. I handed him the pattern and he looked it over. He studied it pretty intently for a little bit and then asked me, "Where did you get this?" and I told him how my teacher had a bunch of patterns she hadn't wanted and told me I could take my pick. He grinned and replied, "This came from our shop years ago. See?" he pointed at the little price tag in the corner. "That's my handwriting. But the funny thing is, I don't remember who I sold this one to. And it's a pretty hard pattern to find. This is amazing. Can I show my wife?" He went and showed his wife and then came back and helped me find my materials.

There were so many amazing patterns and accessories and kits I wanted to buy. I wish I had more money. I ended up buying all the floss for Tall Flowers and the cloth, too.

The owners were so nice, they helped me find everything, pointed out some sales to me, and made some small talk. I will definitely be going back there to try to buy some more patterns and kits. It's a really great store. If you live in California, you should check it out!

1 comment:

  1. This is a great store! I've been here a few times too. I bought the Voodoo fabric for my latest finish from here. You're so lucky to have found this place. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete